We’re planning on leaving Sydney in the next year or so, and we’re looking around for places to live. Here’s our list of requirements:
- A four-bedroom house, or at least a three-bed-plus-study, so that I can continue to work from home while we house our ever-expanding family
- Price range: somewhere around AUD $400k-430k at the moment
- Somewhere with a real sense of community and identity (which rules out most of suburbia!)
- Ideally somewhere fairly rural – but not too rural, and not full of rednecks
- As close as possible to a major city – ideally Sydney, as that’s where most of our friends and business contacts live
We’re currently scouring the country for suitable places; so far we must have checked out over 50 villages, towns and cities up and down the east coast. I’ll be talking about each of these places, including their pros and cons, over the coming weeks. Stay tuned.
Meanwhile, if you have any suggestions for places that would meet the above criteria, I’d love to hear them!