If you’re a new parent like me, you no doubt find baby change rooms (aka parent rooms) in shops and malls invaluable. I recently discovered that you can use the Australian Government’s National Public Toilet Map website (what a great site!) to find change rooms too, although it’s a little convoluted. Here’s how:
- Go to the Public Toilet Map site.
- Under the Find option, click Near an address, At a point of interest, or At a latitude/longitude.
- Click the More Options button at the bottom of the page. The same form reappears, but with more options.
- Enter your search details at the top of the form, such as address or point of interest.
- Under Toilet Features, check the Baby Change box.
- Click the Find Nearby Toilets button at the bottom of the page.
- You’ll now see a list of all nearby toilets that have baby change facilities. Under Toilet Details, you can click a toilet link to get full info on the toilet – you should see a baby change icon under Features.
Now they just need a way to rate the baby change rooms out of 10!